UCO Faculty Honored for Excellence with Vanderford Awards
Aug. 22, 2013
Media Contact: Adrienne Nobles, Assistant Vice President for University Relations, University of Central Oklahoma, 405-974-2103, firstname.lastname@example.org
UCO FACULTY HONORED FOR EXCELLENCE WITH VANDERFORD AWARDS
The University of Central Oklahoma recently honored faculty from each of its academic colleges with Vanderford Faculty Awards.
Given annually at the beginning of the academic year, Vanderford Faculty Awards include $1,000 and a plaque funded from the estate of Austin (B.Ed. ’26) and Cleo Patra Vanderford to each recipient.
The awards are presented in four categories: teaching; engagement; undergraduate research, creative, and scholarly activity; and initiative.
Provost John Barthell, Ph.D., said the awards reflect each recipient’s dedication to the mission, vision, and values of the university.
“Our Vanderford Award winners put teaching first each day. They exemplify the strong commitment our faculty as a whole have to helping students learn through transformative experiences,” Barthell said.
The recipients are as follows:
Vanderford Teaching Awards:
- Dini Homsey, Ph.D., assistant professor of marketing
- Scott McLaughlin, Ph.D, professor of speech-language pathology
- Dallas New, Ph.D., professor of chemistry
- Timothy Petete, Ph.D., assistant professor of English
- Sandra Thompson, D.M.A., professor of music and assistant director of the School of Music
Vanderford Research Award:
- Brian Lamb, D.M.A., professor of music and director of bands
Vanderford Engagement Award:
- Janelle Grellner, Ph.D., professor of psychology
Vanderford President’s Initiative Award:
- Marty Ludlum, J.D., associate professor of finance
- Susan Miller, Ed.D., associate professor of fashion marketing
- Hui Cha Poos, instructor of dance
- Stacy Southerland, Ph.D., professor of Spanish
- Mary Sweet-Darter, Ph.D., professor of psychology
For more information on the University of Central Oklahoma, visit www.uco.edu.
Editor’s Note: Download headshots of each of the recipients at www.uco.edu/photo/VanderfordAwards08.13. (Photos not available for Dallas New or Sandra Thompson)