UCO Design Students Best Previous Record Winning a Dozen National Student ADDY Awards
June 17, 2013
Media Contact: Angela Morris, Staff Writer, UCO College of Fine Arts and Design, 405-974-3752, firstname.lastname@example.org
UCO DESIGN STUDENTS BEST PREVIOUS RECORD WINNING A DOZEN NATIONAL STUDENT ADDY AWARDS
The University of Central Oklahoma Department of Design recently won 12 national Student ADDY Awards, more than the department has ever won in the past.
The American Advertising Federation (AAF) announced the awards at their annual national conference earlier this month in Phoenix.
The winning Central students include:
- Alice Wolf of Edmond, student gold for her invitation design “Eat at Home UCO!” and student silver for her package design “Storybook Forest Chocolates”;
- Mary Collins of Oklahoma City, student gold for her invitation design “National Annual Paleontology Conference”;
- Shelbi Rosa of Moore, student gold for her invitation design “Steampunk Steamy Weekend” and student silver for her package design “Pungent Candle Company”;
- Jasmine Summers of Midwest City, student gold for her magazine design “Seeker Magazine” and student silver for her poster campaign “Paper Jam Posters: Drop Dead Charming”;
- Charity Mauch of Stillwater, student silver for her book design “Dangers of Drunk Driving”;
- Kimberly Vautrin of Moore, student silver for her book cover design “Night Book Cover”;
- Kristin Tate of El Reno, student silver for her package design “Dr. McFluff’s Cure-All Cupcakes”;
- Kenna Baker of Yukon, student silver for her branding and package design “Brain Candy Office Supplies”; and
- Lacey Leach of Norman, student silver for her package design “Torched.”
“The Department of Design is so proud of our student winners. Our students have performed very well through all levels of this competition this year. This speaks highly of the rigor and quality of the design programs at UCO and the caliber of the faculty who teach in these programs,” said Ruki Ravikumar, M.F.A., chair of the Department of Design.
“These awards have helped elevate the reputation of UCO’s Department of Design at a national level and have been a huge boost to the confidence level of the students as they prepare to enter the competitive field of design.”
Each national award-winning student was among the 38 Central graphic design students who brought home a total of 88 awards at the 2013 Oklahoma City ADDY Awards, including the coveted “Braggy” award, given to the university with the most student winners.
The state winners went on to the AAF District 10 competition, which includes Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas and northwest Louisiana. Central design students won a total of 57 awards at the district level.
The ADDY Awards are the advertising industry’s largest competition, attracting more than 50,000 entries every year in the local competitions throughout the nation. The Student ADDY Awards are a three-tier national competition sponsored by the American Advertising Federation and National Ad 2, and recognizes and rewards creative excellence by students.
For further information about the UCO Department of Design, visit www.uco.edu/cfad/academics/design.