Veterans Affairs



The University of Central Oklahoma provides a full-time Veterans Affairs Office to assist students who are eligible to receive Educational Benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs. All degree plans offered by the University of Central Oklahoma have been approved by the State Accrediting Agency for payment of federal benefits.

The UCO Veterans Affairs Office processes enrollment certifications for an estimated 450 to 550 students each semester. Our student population, claiming educational benefits, consist of active duty servicepersons (Chapter 30 Active Duty), active duty veterans (Chapter 30, Chapter 34/30, Chapter 32), veterans on the VA Vocational Rehabilitation program (Chapter 31), National Guard and Reserve personnel (Chapter 1606), and (Chapter 1607)and those who are eligible to receive benefits under the Survivors and Dependents Assistance Program (Chapter 35).

The UCO Veterans Affairs Office will certify enrollment for payment of VA Educational Benefits for all students who meet eligibility criteria as set forth by the Department of Veterans Affairs. Enrollment certification is also done for students eligible for REPS (Restored Entitlement Program for Survivors) and for students eligible for CHAMPVA (the VA Civilian Health and Medical Program).

Financial Aid and VA - If eligible, you may receive both. Depending on what programs under Financial Aid that you qualify for, you may be requested to provide your VA Award Letter. The VA Award Letter is issued to each VA Student after VA has processed that particular semester's enrollment. The UCO VA office does NOT receive a copy of this letter. VA Voc. Rehab. students will need to contact their VA Case Manager for this letter.



Page last updated: 02/20/2009      If you experience problems with this site, please contact our webmaster.